Saturday, August 15, 2009

So many endings, so many beginnings.

I can't even begin to explain the emotions that I am feeling. I'm officially no longer living with my parents. It's kind of scary. I suppose every older teenager looks forward to this day, as I have, and now that it's here, I don't know how to feel about it.

I'm kind of a quitter. There are a lot of things I started, but I quit because I got too scared. There were three or four times when I started looking for jobs and/or apartments around the area I'm living in now, but I chickened out. This time, I wasn't scared. I finally felt like it was the right time to move. (kinda don't really have a choice at this point, but I still had peace about moving/marriage/all that jazz)

So, consider this a toast to all the lasts:
The last day at my first job;
my last day at augusta walmart;
my last day living with my parents;
etc.

And a toast to all the firsts and firsts to come:
the first time I'm living on my own;
The first time I'm responsible for my own bills;
The first time I'm living less than 95 miles from Matt;
And soon enough, the first time I will cleave to someone other than my parents.

I graduated high school, and didn't feel any older.
I started college and working non-stop, and didn't feel any older.
I turned 18, and was immediately responsible by law for any actions I were to take, felt the same.
I got a college degree, and still felt the same.
But the day I got engaged, I felt like I was becoming an adult.
And that's what I am. It's a weird feeling, with emotions I can't begin to explain.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good post, Laura! It is weird becoming and adult and all of the change that slowly encroaches. But a lot of change is sooo exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for you and Matt!