Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Story

So, if you didn't already know or didn't guess from the two previous posts,

MATT AND I ARE GETTING MARRIED!

Yep. And you all want to know how he did it. Well. I've had a couple requests.

The night before Valentines Day Matt asked if I wanted to get up early to see the sunset (yes, he said sunset, but I still said OK.) And so at 6:42 we rushed all the way there because Matt was convinced we wouldn't make it there in time for the sunrise (which is SO unlike him). We went to the top of Garrison Hill Tower in Dover, NH (you can see the picture in the previous post) and watched the sunrise! Shortly after the sun was fully up this is what my memory retained as far as conversation:

Matt: *says something sappy*
Me: You're a sap!
Matt *responds with something about how I love that he's a sap*
Me: *Says something about love or whatever*
Matt: More than you know *get's down on one knee* Will you marry me?
Me: ....
Me: You're a sap!
Me: *nods head, hug, smile*
Matt: I'm glad you said yes!
Me: What would you have done if i said 'no?!'
Matt: I would have jumped off the tower (which is like 6 stories)

And before you ask: I was half-way surprised. I was reserved about expecting it, but I had a few tip-offs.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Congrats guys! Happy Planning!