Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Our Honeymoon: Part 4

Monday, 2/1/2010: Cozumel, Mexico

Let's see... I seem to have misplaced the "Fun Times," which was a daily activity sheet. I highlighted everything we did/wanted to do, which made this job easier.

Alright. Let's see how much I remember.

Mexico was a blast! My favorite port by far! We left the ship early to do some shopping before our excursion that day. Everyone was friendly, but not overly aggressive. There was a nice man who ran a cart who Matt attempted to hold a short conversation with in Spanish, and he sold us some very nice souvenirs.

Then we went BACK through security to drop off our goodies in the hotel room and changed into our bathing suits and back to Mexico we went for our dolphin adventure! It seemed to me that the people working for dolphin cove were very rehearsed. Their favorite word was "okay." "Okay swimmers, okay?" Haha! On the ride to the cove the guide said that they had 4 baby dolphins, but we wouldn't be swimming with them. However, our pool, (we were split up into groups) swam with two adults and a baby. The water was cooler than I thought it would be, but it was ocean water... If I had to guess I would say it was 78degrees. Which I suppose is warm for the ocean, but colder than I expected. We all took turns hugging the dolphins, petting them, giving them a kiss, and then finally they pulled us across the water on their bellies! I was one of the first to get a belly ride, and water splashed in my face the whole way down, so they let me ride again. Matt must've been a pro, because he didn't get any water in his face. Oh well, I got to ride twice, so it was worth the water up my nose!

After the dolphins, we got lunch at the cove and went back to the ship. They actually had shuttles so we could have left any time we wanted before like 5pm or something. I wish we had stayed longer, because there was a shopping area about 8 blocks from the cove that we could have walked to, and we could have experienced a more authentic Mexican shopping experience (lol) than the stores right off the port. But swimming with dolphins was tiring, so we went back to the ship. Turns out it was a good thing too, we weren't allowed to wear sunscreen into the pool with the dolphins, and I forgot to bring some to the cove so Matt got a little sun-burnt. Not bad, but it would have been if we had gone shopping.

Back at the ship we did a little more of the usual (hot tub, ice cream, buffets, ect.) and then went to our couples massage! Neither Matt or myself had ever gotten a massage from a trained professional (hopefully it will become a regular occurrence now with Chelsea's current career choice *wink, wink*) but we both loved it. It was relaxing, but painful where my neck meets my shoulders. Those muscles had been bothering me months before the cruise, and now, two months later they are starting to bother me again. But the massage helped for a little while. It wasn't cool after, though, because they tried to sell us some $40 massage oil or something. I think all together the products they recommended we purchase came to $200, which we passed on.

This may or may not have been the day I passed out so early I missed dinner (served at 5:45pm....) Or it might have been the next day.

Tuesday, 2/2/2010: Fun Day at Sea
Wednesday, 2/3/2010: Fun Day at Sea

The day's at sea all seemed to mix together. We ate, sat on beach chairs, lounged in the hot tub, did some cruise planned activities, mostly trivia...

Even without the Fun Times, I'm pretty sure that Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty relaxing. And that's about it!

No comments: