Thursday, December 11, 2008

Silver Bells....

Or wreath! I saw this wreath at Target the other day and fell IN LOVE with it!It's completely silver, with silver sparkles and those little dark spots you see are mirrors (it looks much prettier in person!) It only had two problems with it: it had glitter (which worked on this piece, but in general drives me insane) and it was $30.

Now, maybe that's not a crazy price, but I'm on a budget and can't afford that much for a decoration. So I decided to make my own! I spent $7.50 at the craft department at Wal*mart: berry garland ($5), silver spray paint ($1.12), and sparkle pieces ($1.44).

At home, I assembled the garland in a wreath like form, and added some dried vines that I cut from the grape plant in our front lawn using some craft wire. I then spray painted the whole thing silver, and added some mirror pieces with hot glue!

It's not exact, and it's not as full, but I think it's just as pretty if not prettier! The berries which are not present in the Target wreath create a great reflection because of their shape, and it totally makes up for the lack of glitter!


I wish I had taken some in progress picture, but that's what I always seem to forget!


P.S. this post was written like 2 weeks ago... I was just too lazy to add the pictures at that time!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It looks lovely! I've been waiting for this post. : ) You discard the pard of the facebook message I wrote on your wall concerning the wreath- I wrote it this morning, not realizing that you had posted!! : )
You're so creative Miss Laura!