Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bunny Suicides?!

Apparently there is a book called "Bunny Suicides" in which 100 different bunnies find different ways to commit suicide. The article can be found here.

This book is in a school library? This book exists?! My small town school suffered from 4 or 5 student/former student suicides in like a year and a half. That might not sound like a lot to people from larger schools, but my senior class had like 80 students. I'm pretty positive that this book isn't going to help prevent any suicides, but from the looks of it, it appears to mock this tragedy.

What's worse, is when I voted on the reader opinion poll that the book should be banned, only 34% of readers agreed with me. I really can't believe that this book is actually in a place where a 13 year old could easily get it and laugh about it.

I'm sorry, but humor and suicide should not mix.

P.S. Here are some comics from the book. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way about how awful this really is, but I'm gonna warn you that they're semi-graphic. Ex: A bunny using a corkscrew on his head.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I stumbleupon'd that a couple months ago. I totally freaked. Reaaallly messed up.