Monday, August 18, 2008

Date Day



I haven't mentioned this on the blog yet, but I've been really on the edge the past few days because I was under the impression I wasn't going to see Matt this weekend because he seems to have contracted pneumonia. Well, he was feeling better, and I had the brilliant idea to meet in Portland since I was going to be there for my Monday night class anyway.

We walked the mall a little bit, checked out some cell phones, and then went to walk around the bay. We got like 3/4 of a mile and turned around (we were both hungry) and so we walked about 1 1/2 miles in all, and then we picnic-ed (pictured above).

After the picnic we went to Panera bread, got some drinks, and watched "I Am Legend" on my laptop! We spent our last moments together at the mall again. I must say, it's been a long time since we've had a "date" and it was nice I think, even though it was way short compared to the amount of time we usually spend together on the weekend, we made it count ;).

P.S. This is also my last week for 2/3 of my summer classes, so there's a lot of testing going on, and my manager always seems to know when I'm testing so he makes up all the hours he didn't give me during the slow season during finals! I've scheduled time to at least finish one picture for Thursday (I'm gonna try and do 2 one week to make up for what I missed) but be patient with me! I need to sleep sometime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to salvage some of your weekend!

The Galvin Family said...

Natalie is eight, she will be nine in December. Way to big for her mommy!!! :) But she is a beautiful, smart girl, and I'm proud of her.