Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Congratulations, Barack Obama

I feel the need to say this somewhere, anywhere.

I did/do not completely agree with Obama on a number of issues, but there were also issues on which I did not agree with McCain.

This was my first presidential election. I voted, and vowed no matter the outcome, I would not be angry or spiteful.

Guess what people: Obama is the new president as of 1/20/09. Some people are ecstatic, and some are already bad-mouthing him. But he is the president.

"Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right." 1 Peter 2:13-14 NIV

"Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king." 1 Peter 2:17 NIV, italics added.




Obama is the president. God knows what He is doing. I will submit myself to Obama's authority by God's command (providing his authority does not go against any of God's other commands), and show him respect. He did, after all, just make history.

P.S. GO MCCAIN for an awesome conclusive speech.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You are a better person then I am