Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ninja's and Pirates

So, recently I was trying to describe my friend Mark to my mom.

"He's weird [he has long hair, so to my mom, that is weird] and he likes to talk like a pirate."

Can anyone else imagine the response/look I got from her at that point?

"Well. Not talk like a pirate a lot, he just says 'arrgh' a lot."


Well, just recently I had told Mark this pick-up-line that involved ninja's, and he loved it... Of course, because of the ninja. He then proceeded to tell me the difference between the two:

(forgive me, Mark, if I slightly misquote you. My memory isn't perfect)
"Well, most people know I tend to favor pirates, but they're all... Grow long hair, get drunk around campfires and on ships and sing songs obnoxiously off key... But ninjas, they have their place. They're more slick and shaven... Stealthy and suave... They're more [trying really hard to remember the word he used... I'm gonna use classy.] classy. Sometimes, it's just nice to be classy. It would be wrong of me not to recognize the ninja, although I am partial to pirates myself. Most of my friends are ninjas though, it's kind of funny."

After this portion of the conversation ended, we proceeded to talk about black and white socks, among other things... But that I'll save for another day!

Disclaimer: Permission for use of conversation was granted by the conversationee.

No comments: