Monday, March 3, 2008

Pep Party

SOOOO this week I [Laura] went down to where Matt lives in order to attend a surprise party for the Pepster! He was totally surprised! Happy Birthday/Welcome home/Congratulations on your Basic Training Graduation Pepin! Matt had just worked the night before (all weekend in fact) and so he was sleeping most of the time, but luckily I have lots of people to keep me busy while he's napping.

Oh. I got to meet Fuzzy Lumpkins, a.k.a. Sophie to some. She's cute, and I bought her a little clear ball to walk around inside of. She loves it. I also got to bond with Pepin's gerbils, especially Marly. Imagine my (and everyone's) surprise that when Pepin was showing off his new apartment there was no sign of Marly in the cage. The search begun! I found him behind a folding table, and then a bunch of grown women, + Pepin were chasing this little gerbil! Finally we got him trapped and I caught him and saved the day! Well, saved the gerbil at least.

Matt got a new book, he's currently reading a series by Ted Dekker. I just started the first book, "Black," which he just finished. Matt is now on "Red," and will then move on to "White." The first 2 chapters of the book are crazy weird so far, I must admit.

In other news, I bought this aluminum water bottle. It's kinda pricey, but I'm sure it must be SO much better than reusing Poland Springs water bottles. With all this stuff about plastic being hazardous, I figured it was worth the investment. I also would like to warn anyone who cares that Nalgene water bottles have recently been found to leach chemicals into the water, and could be dangerous with regular use. I'd post a picture of my water bottle, but I can't find the exact design online, and as you must already know by my previous post, my camera is bye-bye. Hence the lack of imagery in this post.

well. Tis all!

No comments: