Thursday, April 17, 2008

Expelled


Click to Enlarge

I saw the commercial while watching TV with my dad on Tuesday night, and I was just soooo happy! Someone actually made a documentary that will be in a few select theaters (only one in Maine) that actually suggests something other than evolution/Darwinism is out there. I haven't been able to get in contact with the theater that is supposedly playing the movie starting this Friday (I need to know showtimes!). It's in South Portland, and hopefully Matt and I will be going sometime this weekend (YAY!).
I would also like to host a Generation Christ event geared towards high school and college students based on the information in the documentary and the materials from their website. They make it easy with a slide show presentation, teaching tips, handouts, etc. Myself included, students in any sort of science class are bombarded with evolution thrown into every aspect of practically everything taught, and it makes it hard to know whats fact and fiction.
Call me a geek, but I'm really excited, because this has been a sore spot for me recently. I attribute my sensitivity to this subject to the fact that I'm in the middle of an evolution intensive course, and the fact that I attempted to debate NOT that ID (intelligent design) is the way to go and that everyone should believe it, but just that it should be taught in schools, because evolution is still a THEORY! I got shot down!
I wasn't attacking their belief, I was just suggesting that maybe, just as in psychology there are multiple theories taught, that the same should be in science until we are 100% sure. These people were like "oh we are 100% sure stop being closed minded!!" HELLO!!!! Who is attacking the other's belief, and who is suggesting both be taught?! Who here would you consider closed minded?! Insecure much!

OK enough of my rant, but here's some food for thought: How come all of the links that prove evolution are missing?

No comments: