Friday, April 4, 2008

Getting Lost

Well, here's the good news:

I GOT MY CAMERA BACK!!!

Woot! I'd post a picture of it, but.... well. I'm sure you understand!

Now, StoryTime:
Matt was asleep, and I had just finished all the homework that I had brought with me, so I figured I would venture out. I had to pick up his paycheck so he could deposit it right when he woke up, and I got a call that my camera had been returned to the Newington Best Buy, although I thought I requested to have it sent directly to me.
I also needed gasoline, and to stop at an ATM. Perfect errand run, right? Well, I left a little earlier than I should have so even though I stopped at the gas station twice (the first time I realized that Matt still had my credit card because he had to get some tickets with it, and then I realized I had enough in my checking account because my income tax direct deposit went through anyway) I was going to arrive too early at Center Point to pick up Matts paycheck, which is available at 1.
So on my way back to 236 from the highway I figured I would take a detour to Kittery just to shop around a little. Apparantly that didn't work, because I got off at the correct exit, but then the road split and I had a 50/50 chance, and lost. So I ended up going all the way back to Portsmouth (different part) and getting back on the highway!! Dejavu.
This time, I made it to the outlets! YAY me! Unfortunately, I didn't know how to get back home because the only other time I was paying attention through Kittery we drove to Portsmouth from there and then went home (and I wasn't going back to Portsmouth). SO THEN I got on the highway... North. Already past the South Berwick Exit.
I got off in York, and thought I could make my way home from there, but got frustrated from exploring and just went BACK on the highway South and got off on the 236 exit. I made it! On and off the highway 1..2..3..4..5 times in like 2 hours. I fail at this game.

w00t for camera!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

LOL... well at least you killed plenty of time right?

Amanda said...

I am sorry about all your detours! Next time bring me shopping :-) Oh and if you are ever here on a Saturday and bored come to Hailey's gymnastics with us even if Matt can't come we would love to have you!