Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cake/ Etch a Sketch [Tuesday]: Week 14

So first I found the blog "Cake Wrecks." This blog led me to the Cakelava blog. From there I was inspired to watch "Amazing Wedding Cakes." Today I got the urge to make a cake. It definitely has it's quirks, and had it been a professional cake, you would have probably seen it on Cake Wrecks. Luckily, this was my first time making anything but a homemade looking cake, and it was my first time making and using fondant. I think it came out nicely for a first try. Yes, the fondant is a little lumpy (and lopsided), there is a tear in the fondant that one of the butterflies is mostly covering, and yeah. I have yet to taste it. I know it looks boringly white, but I forgot to add color to the butterflies before I cut them [blush]



Aerial view

The lopsided side.

Oh yeah, and the plate was a tad small.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love it! And the verdict as far as the taste is....?

Amanda said...

Laura that cake looks lovely! It makes me hungry....

Laura said...

it tastes good, except the buttercream icing that is holding the cake together underneath the fondant tastes kind of like shortening!