Thursday, September 4, 2008

Etch a Sketch Thursday: Week 12

Okay, so let me be brutally honest.

School has started. Work is picking up. I'm budgeting my time very strictly.

I'm trying very hard to do a picture a week, but I didn't realize how much time painting took until I did these last two pictures.

The eye didn't take so long mostly because it was a very small portion of a face and had very little detail, but I'm starting to paint faces now, and I'm going to switch to two weeks for paintings. If I do a sketch, I will do one a week (and I do plan on doing more pencil sketches) but If I do a painting, plan on me skipping a week, although I will still update on Thursday :)

OK:

So I'm about halfway done with a painting of Alyssa Milano. I've done her hair, which actually takes up half of the picture! It's coming out ok, and I really hope it has a good result, because this picture could determine how motivated I am to paint more portraits in the future, and I really want to be able to add color to my portraits (I'm also going to try colored pencil sometime in the future.)

Thanks for understanding!
And if you don't, well. Phooie. I'm tryin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's ok...I forgive you! :)